- Create an account. This will allow you to track the courses you’ve taken as well as any book orders you may place through our online bookstore.
- Add the training you wish to take to your cart. Be sure to double check the date as many of our trainings have several dates open!
- Submit the $250, non-refundable, non-transferable deposit for each course you have in your cart. (You may pay the full tuition at checkout if you prefer.)
- Download our Registration Form.
- Fill out the form and write up a background statement.
- Send the form and background statement to us along with your $250 deposit:
Mail: 3735 Broken Bow Road
Fort Collins, CO 80526
Fax: (800) 922-6051
Upon receipt of your information, we will review and approve your application. We will then send you a letter of confirmation. We look forward to seeing you!
Tuition for our courses is $895. Tuition includes all seminar materials as well as breakfast each day and lunch Monday through Wednesday. Because space is limited, a non-refundable $250 deposit is required to confirm your registration. The tuition balance of $645 is due and non-refundable six weeks before the seminar. If you find a need to cancel, any tuition paid is eligible for a one-time transfer to another course, as long as you contact us more than two weeks prior to the seminar. Tuition is payable by check (U.S. funds only), Visa, or MasterCard.
The expenses of continuing education, when taken to maintain and improve professional skills, are tax deductible. Please consult your accountant for complete details.
The Center for Loss provides all participants with a certificate of completion at the end of each course. This is sufficient for the continuing education requirements of many professional associations. For those who wish to receive official Continuing Education Units (CEUs), Colorado State University’s Division of Outreach, located here in Fort Collins, administers and grants CEUs for each of our courses. One CEU represents 10 hours of instruction; our seminars are worth 3 CEUs each. The fee for 3 CEUs is $50 and payable by check, VISA or MasterCard to CSU during the week of your course.
Our training course contact hours are also pre-approved to qualify toward the hours needed to apply to take the Certification in Thanatology exam through the Association for Death Education and Counseling.
We require a one-time written statement of background and interest in bereavement care of all our course applicants. While there is no specific educational degree requirement, we look for applicants to demonstrate an interest in caring for the bereaved.
Please include the following information in your background statement: name, age, occupation, brief work history, losses in your own life, interest in the particular seminar(s) you have selected, and anything else you think we should know. In addition to being a screening tool, this statement helps us get to know you before you arrive.