Support Group Facilitator Training
Enthusiasm for bereavement support group counseling has burgeoned in recent years. And while training opportunities that advance our understanding of the bereavement process have become more available recently, less work has been done on the support group models of care. This seminar helps fill this gap.
Topics covered will include:
- Support group leadership skills
- Barriers to effectiveness in support group counseling
- Detailed guidelines for operational practices (such as size of group, length, and frequency of sessions)
- Development of ground rules
- Distinguishing open-ended from closed-ended groups
- Elements of pre-screening group members
- Intervening with disruptive group members
- Publicizing your group
Participants will receive a copy of Understanding Your Grief, The Understanding Your Grief Journal, and The Understanding Your Grief Support Group Guide.
***Please select “Free Shipping” at check-out***