Grief Companioning Skills Training
This seminar evolved out of a need for practical training expressed by people working with the bereaved. This learning experience is a must for those wishing to “companion” people in their unique life and death journeys. It will teach caregivers how to effectively follow the lead of the “true expert,” the mourner.
The content of this seminar is appropriate both for novices and for experienced caregivers looking to update their helping skills.
Topics we will concentrate on include:
- Development of the helping relationship
- Characteristics distinguishing effective from ineffective caregivers
- Grief companioning techniques and practice
- Understanding the helping process
- Creating a personal theory of caregiving
- Issues and trends in companioning the mourner
Graduates of this seminar will be able to integrate and practice the companioning model of grief care using their new helping skills.
Participants will receive a copy of Counseling Skills for Companioning the Mourner: The Fundamentals of Effective Grief Counseling and The Handbook for Companioning the Mourner.
***Please select “Free Shipping” at check-out***