Counseling Skills Fundamentals
This seminar evolved out of a need expressed by people working with the bereaved. Many have never had the opportunity to participate in a comprehensive yet practical counseling skills training program. We think this kind of training is a must for those working to “companion” people in their unique life and death journeys. The content of this seminar is appropriate both for novices and for experienced practitioners looking to update their counseling skills.
Topics we will concentrate on include:
- Development of the counseling relationship
- Characteristics distinguishing effective from ineffective counselors
- Counseling techniques and practice
- Understanding the counseling process
- Creating a personal theory of counseling
- Issues and trends in counseling the bereaved
Graduates of this seminar will be able to integrate theory, research, and practice in meaningful ways. You’ll return home with many newly learned and practiced counseling skills.
Participants will receive a copy of Counseling Skills for Companioning the Mourner: The Fundamentals of Effective Grief Counseling.
***Please select “Free Shipping” at check-out***
***Registration for the January 22-25, 2018 course in Scottsdale, AZ is now closed. Please call (970)226-6050 for more information.***