Comprehensive Bereavement Skills Training
This course is a suggested foundational course for all other Center for Loss courses. However, we realize that for certain caregivers, taking just one or two of our specialty courses (such as Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Grief) without first completing Comprehensive Bereavement Skills Training may make the most sense. Please e-mail or call us if you would like to discuss your unique needs.
Whether you are new to the experience of caring for those in grief or are a veteran bereavement caregiver, we invite you to participate in this popular seminar.
Comprehensive Bereavement Skills Training explores a wide range of topics related to bereavement caregiving, including:
- Exploring North America’s modern understanding of grief and loss
- Introduction to the tenets of “companioning” versus treating
- Understanding attachment and love influences on grief
- Misconceptions surrounding grief and loss
- Unique influences on grief: the whys of the journey
- Exploring the six central needs of mourning and the companioning helping role
- Encouraging self-compassion in mourners
- Application of content to support groups
- Exploring reconciliation versus resolution
- Acknowledging the transformative nature of grief.
Dr. Wolfelt’s bereavement caregiving philosophy is based on what he has termed “companioning”. All of the practical topics covered in this course will be viewed through the companioning lens, and the companioning tenets will be introduced and explored.
Graduates of this comprehensive seminar will return home with a multitude of newly refined skills and abilities. This is a very popular seminar, so early application is a must!
Participants will receive a copy of Companioning the Bereaved: A Soulful Guide for Caregivers.
***The January 23-26, 2023 course in Scottsdale, AZ is closed to online registration. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the waitlist.***
***Please select “Free Shipping” at check-out***