Grief is in large part a spiritual struggle, and turning to spiritual practices in the face of loss helps many people find hope and healing. Following a helpful introduction about the role of spirituality in grief, this practical guide offers tips and activities on meditation, prayer, yoga, solitude and many more.
2015: August 24-27 (Fort Collins, CO)
2017: August 28-31 (Fort Collins, CO)
Bereavement naturally results in the “dark night of the soul,” writes Dr. Wolfelt. A central need of those in grief is to rejuvenate the spirit, to discover a reason to get one’s feet out of bed in the morning. Among the learning objectives for this inspiring training are the following:
- To provide an in-depth understanding of the concept of spiritual care of the mourner.
- To enhance understanding of specific ways to provide spiritual support to the mourner.
- To provide a comprehensive spiritual assessment tool.
- To model respect for the mourner’s personal experience of their faith/spirituality.
- To outline specific spiritual practices that can be used to minister to the mourner.
- To create ways to sustain hope when the mourner feels suspended from those things that make life worth living.
- To explore potential barriers to the spiritual care of the mourner.
- To apply Dr. Wolfelt’s 11 Tenets of “companioning” to assist in the facilitation of the “psycho-spiritual WHY work” of the mourner.
Plan to join us as we explore the very heart—spirituality—of death, grief, and mourning.
- Comprehensive Bereavement Skills Training
- Companioning the Mourner: From Theory to Practice
- Companioning the Traumatized Griever: PTSD and the Need for “Catch-Up” Mourning
- Counseling Skills Fundamentals
- Exploring the Depression of Grief
- Exploring the Shadow of the Ghosts of Grief
- Exploring the Spiritual Dimensions of Death, Grief, and Mourning
- Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Grief
- Living with Meaning and Purpose in Your Life
- Suicide Grief: Companioning the Mourner
- Support Group Facilitator Training
- Understanding and Responding to Complicated Mourning
– Aftercare Coordinator
– Support Group Facilitator