Are you depressed? Anxious? Angry? Do you have trouble with trust and intimacy? Do you feel a lack of meaning and purpose in your life? You may well be living in the shadow of the ghosts of grief. This compassionate guide will help you learn to identify and mourn your carried grief so you can go on to live the joyful, whole life you deserve.
2013: May 6-9
2014: May 5-8
2015: May 4-7
This seminar will help participants learn more about Dr. Wolfelt’s concept of the “Shadow of the Ghosts” of grief. The person living in the shadow of the ghosts of grief has symptoms that suggest that the pain of grief has been inhibited, suppressed, converted, or denied.
Come learn about:
- The concept of “carried grief”
- Socio-cultural contributions to “carried grief”
- A five-phase wounding process
- Categories of “complicated mourning”
- Family system influences: trans-generational passing down
- The process of “catch-up” mourning
Participants will receive a copy of Dr. Wolfelt’s book Living in the Shadow of the Ghosts of Grief.
- Comprehensive Bereavement Skills Training
- Counseling Skills Fundamentals
- Exploring the Shadow of the Ghosts of Grief
- Exploring the Spiritual Dimensions of Death, Grief and Mourning
- Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Grief
- Living with Meaning and Purpose in Your Life
- Suicide Grief: Companioning the Mourner
- Support Group Facilitator Training
- Understanding and Responding to Complicated Mourning
“This has been an amazing week! From the very first morning of class, when new names and faces would soon become dear companions and shared souls, I felt comfortable and cared for (actually pampered) and filled with gratitude that so much of my journey and losses were mourned and respected. This experience was inspiring and humbling.”
— A Bereavement Specialist